Sunday, August 23, 2015

Loving Well...

 Today  I am grateful I attended  a  worship service  to say farewell to a very gifted  inspirational minister at our congregation. As always, when Pastor Rick preaches I am  eager  to receive the message mostly because he injects so much humor  that everyone, even the most skeptical end up laughing. Well today was no different even though it was Pastor Ricks last sermon at our church.
Strangely enough he asked us to love well. Of course, that got me thinking. We went deeper and this was my take away...
It is easy to love and sometimes to even say the words 'love you' or I love you' but loving well means loving by actually showing loving kindness a simple hello when passing someone on the street or in the grocery store. I know for me I am challenged  by the very ordinary every single day to do just that.
In the Buddha tradition their are four kinds of love;loving kindness, compassion, appreciation and equanimity. Practicing loving well is   raising our   level of consciousness to where we innately know loving well comes from our soul. In the Christian tradition there are numerous teachings on love and for the purpose of this writing, loving well. Peter 3-8...all of you be like minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate & humble. So it is not enough to love in the simple sense but to be present to one another with compassion and heartfelt sympathy and to express that love in our daily life. It is learning to include loves presence when we speak to others. Every little drop of this practice of loving well is significant . The Buddha says with dripping drops of water the water jog is filled.

Yes Pastor Rick, in these ordinary days when I am behind the slowest driver in the world on my way to work or walking through the isles in the grocery store or when in the presence of my own loved ones at home I will think about loving well and the imprint it will leave on both of our souls.


When you love someone, the best thing you can offer is your presence. how can you love if you are not there? Thich Naht Hanh

1 comment:

  1. I have being on blog Sites for a while now and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had HIV for 6 years and i never thought I would ever get a cure I had and this made it impossible for me to get married to the man I was supposed to get married to even after 2 years of relationship he broke up with me when he finds out I was HIV positive. So I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cured and let her contact details, I contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 soon and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Disease… Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues. He's a good man.

    ReplyDelete